my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Sunday, November 8, 2015

hospital stay and a party in bed. 24wks


my first heavy bleed was at 19wks, i had another huge bleed at 20wks and then 2 more significant bleeds at 23wks.  This time the bleeding didn't stop and i was having contractions so we headed to the hospital again.  dr. glenn and the nurses we awesome.  they through every possible med at me to stop the contractions.  magnesium solfate through and iv was horrible. the nurses told me i would feel hot, nausea, my muscles would hurt and a head ache. and they were right, i felt like my body had been lit on fire and i was laying on a hot coal bed.  i had them give me ice packs to put all over my body.  that drug is rough but it helped stop the contractions and a day later the bleeding stopped as well.  because of the problematic placenta they wanted to keep monitoring me for awhile see what would happen.  needless to say i was in the hospital 10days.  it was hard being away from the kids, and i was pretty lonely, but great friends sent  packages and books and pudding to keep me busy.
i was so worried i didn't want to deliver at 24wks i did receive steriods to help the baby's lungs and the nurses were very nice.  At one point i started bleeding again this was day 6 in the hospital, i was alone and my nurse denise came in and just gave me a hug and told me i'd be ok.  that this is hard, but i and the baby were going to be just fine. 
one night when i was having a horrible bowel episode the song 'sons of helaman' came to my mind.  baby william is already such a strong and amazing boy. 


i finally was released to go home and cece enjoyed playing with my empty suit case. 
these girls love to dance!

have i mentioned how great my dad is, he takes them to dance every wednesday and enjoys seeing them dance their hearts out.  tenley has finally mastered her cart wheel too!


this little lady love her pappy and her manna.  she likes to be held and cuddled and i'm so grateful that my family can give the kids all the things i can't.  it breaks my heart that i will miss out onf 5months of cece little life, people say she won't even remember, which is right but i will. 


life in bed is not very exciting, it is really hard to lay around all day, especially when you hear kids need help or cry.  or when you really just want to stretch your legs or make yourself pretty.  but its a sacrifice that is well worth it!
i've got great helpers.  jojo shaved my legs and i have never felt so pampered in my life!



cece and pappy make great food and she helps bring me food and takes my water bottle into the kitchen to get it refilled.  she also knows i have crackers and likes to sit in bed with me eating crackers.  the crumbs in the bed are hilarious but i just can't say no to her. 
the girls have been great helpers and my little nurses, putting lotion on and even my socks.  they are so sweet.  and when i get up to go potty they even help me walk over to the bathroom and get back in bed.  they have such sweet caring hearts, but i can't imagine how hard all this is on them. 

No comments: