my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Friday, October 31, 2008

spencer's birthday!


Thats right folks spence is 26! he is getting so big and grown up! for his birthday this year i wanted to do something special of course. -during his birthday when we were dating (and he was turning 24 i still can't believe he went out with a grandma like me :)) i had jo and heather and kellie from work blow up condoms for ballons and decorate his room, i still remember her minivan being stuffed full with those ballons. then last year we were lucky enough that the weekend after his birthday we went to cleveland and interviewed for med school we stayed in a beautiful hotel (5star super duper expensive hotel that the school paid for) that has the softest bed known to man. and visited kirkland. so i was a little nervouse and wanted to top those birthdays so i let my creative juices run wild.
each night this week when spence came home i had a small present for him....i said this is your birthday week celebration! a week of spencer! we don't have any money because the bread winner of the family (thats me) has decided to persue other avenues at this time which is pretty scary because rent is due. so the budget was none to little. but i found some killer deals at target...dress pants that he wore to clinicals this week, a nice t-shirt, some shorts(cause i'm tired of sewing up all the holes in em) some candy, and the grand prize was a season episode of SCRUBS his favorite show that i've been hiding in my secret spot for 4wks!!! then on his actual birthday i picked him up from school, blind folded him and drove around to disract him and took him to the mtn i found the other day. i had a pic-nic for us and some clothes for him to change into. i thought i was so sneaky cause i had my hiking clothes on under my pants so to not give away what we were doing. the picture is of us on his 26th birthday with a beautiful desert sunset. and to keep the heather neilson tradition it was a beautiful place to discuss the year and his big 3 triumphs!!
anybody who knows me knows i love to make peoples birthday cakes....but i couldn't make a whole cake cause no one would eat it and i would have to throw it out. so, for his birthday cake i took 3 of his favorite zebra cupcakes and put candles in them and sang a wonderful solo birthday song!
so happy birthday babe! Thanks for sharing so many memories with me! i'm excited to keep 'em rollin' and to keep laughin over the years about all the silly things we've done.

5 comments:

Tyler Mortensen said...

Happy Birthday Bro. I haven't hiked a single mountain(hill) in Arizona yet. Chalk it up to laziness. Well hope everything is going well. Talk to you guys later!!!

The Brown's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPENCE!!!! We Love You!!! Awesome job on the birthday stuff car. Spence is a lucky man:O)

Heather Nelson said...

Carly - how cute are you? That's so crazy - it seems like it was just yesterday that we were blowing up condoms in the waiting room of the office (and let's be honest, it was the first time I ever saw a condom in my life! I was scared :) ). I'm counting down the days till you come back. Happy birthday Spence!

Kemp Kuties said...

Wow - carcar, you are an amazing wife and sister. I love how you make everyone feel very special and focus your attention on them. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU and have you focus on me! :)

Scott and Jillian said...

That is a great idea. Scott's b-day is the 15th and I've been wracking my brain for what to do/get him. Awesome.

Thanks for coming the other night. It was a blast. See ya later!