my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

one too many marathons!



So i'm really really bummed. I went for my first run yesterday after the marathon ( i know lame to take a whole week off but what'ya do) i was all jazzed cause we're gonna do the rock'n'roll half in phoenix in a couple months and i really wanted to cut my time down and train hard this time around. so i told spence to take the car and i'd run up and get it around 830am (he leaves early around 630-730 depending on the day). his school is only 3miles away so no big deal. so i head out on the run and my legs were tight so i took it slow and then about 10min into the run my right knee thats mean givin me grief for awhile really started to hurt. i tried to not think about it, but the pain just radiated up my leg. so i started to walk. i walked a block and then tried to run. but i couldn't, i felt like what paula radcliff must have in the 2004 olympics when she couldn't run any more and just sat down at mile 23. (ok that was a little dramatic but still i felt horrible) so there i was 1mile away from home, and 2miles from his school but i really needed the car to run some errands. so i literally walked 2miles to spence's school trying not to cry. ---anyways my leg preceeded to hurt all day yesterday. i couldn't even walk!! i called my dr.'s: dad, jo, mom and had dr. mortensen look at it when he got home. my rx: rest for 2-3wks, ice, and motrin. i'm so so so bummed, i really don't wanna rest, it feels like i've just been sentenced to prison.... its like the minute you CAN'T RUN, all you really really really WANT TO DO IS RUN. i guess my age and the 4th marathon really set me over the edge. so when you're all running this week think of me, paula radcliff and try not to cry.j/k

5 comments:

The Brown's said...

CarCar- I am so sorry about your knee!! I really hope that it feels better soon. Miss you:O)

Jaime Stephens said...

oh that is sad I am sorry but wow 4 marathons you are one awesomely crazy lady!

Colt 'n Tami said...

You're soooooo good, sheesh, if one special day I ran a marathon I'd take a whole month off you're good for just taking one week! YOU ROCK Car! We miss our Mesquite Crew pretty badly... hope all is well with ya both! Have ya found a job yet car? Miss ya

Kemp Kuties said...

Sue, I can't even imagine what you're going through not being able to run and have your daily therapy (plus, the coyotes are probably wondering where you are :O). The RX seems pretty drab and all, but hopefully it will help heal your knee and you'll be able to ROCK on the Rock'n'roll marathon. I'm bummed I'm not going to be able to be your crew support for this one...totally bummed. Hang in there sis.

Unknown said...

Oh man that stinks Car. But 4 Marathons...sheesh woman! I love that you had spence go with you to the car shop, I had Brett's dad go with me a couple of weeks ago (brett was getttin ready for a game) just so I wouldn't gettin' suckered into paying for things my car didn't really need. They always pick on us women, thinkin' they can get us to spend all our money cuz we don't know much about cars (well, at least I don't) miss you guys! love ya!