my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Monday, October 6, 2008

back in the saddle again


Well yesterday spence picked me up at the phoenix airport after an hour delay i finally made it back home. and back in the saddle of arizona. I'm a little sad to leave all my little little friends in utah: reese was my roommate for the past 2wks and i know she and greg walker are really going to miss me. it feels like i had to say good-bye all over again. and there is nothing better than a little niece or nephew running up to you after a really long day. thanks brown's, chrisman's and kemps for the past 2wks i'm gonna really miss you guys.....i think i'll just fly home every 4wks to work...
the marathon is over, spence laughed at me because i can't mend my legs with a huge blood blister and a bruised forefoot on one leg, and with the other hip and knee in shambles!! the marathon was....miserable...well not really i just ran into a couple problems along the way. i keep saying i'm so glad i'm not still running.
i cried like a baby when the race was finished, i called spence and couldn't hold it in any longer i wished he could have been there and so did he.:( this marathon was my 4th and by far the coldest, wettest, windiest race i've ever done. Dad and Jo did awesome, if it weren't for them and manda crackin the whip i don't think i would have ever got on the bus to run. i read in runners world that only 1% of americans will set a goal to run a marathon, and only 1% of that original 1% will actually finish a marathon in their lifetime. congrats dad, jo, kristie, karen, roger you are all in that 1% of 1%! whose up for rock n roll phoenix marathon in january...DAD is already training and going to qualify for boston at 3:45!!

5 comments:

tj.photography said...

halla Carly... you go girl a marathon... you're my hero! Hope all is well looks like you guys are showing AZ what's up! Miss ya!

Heather Nelson said...

Carly I miss you! You guys are seriously so awesome for doin the marathon - I am definitely in the 99% of people who know they could never handle a marathon haha - congrats and come back soon please!

The Brown's said...

CarCar you know your our hero right? I am so impressed with you. hope the legs are feeling better!

Kemp Kuties said...

Carly,
I took the girls to Mom's house Saturday afternoon and Becca saw one of your engagement pictures on Mom's baker's rack in the Piano Room. She looked at it and said, "Spener. Spener. Where?" Seriously THE CUTEST THING EVER!

Jo was putting up Mom's Halloween decor and I tried to help (but pathetically failed). What are you and Spence going to be for Halloween? Are you planning a major big party???

Kellie Knapp said...

CAR! I'm SO inspired by your pictures! They even made me go to the gym.. i'm not kidding. I did lift class and It made me desperatly miss you and gave me a serious craving for a bandito. :) haha. You are a serious STUD. I HEART YOU!