my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

welcome to the wild wild west!

I have found this trail close to spences school and after i drop him off at school i'll run down the canal its a nice paved trail in the middle of town surrounded by houses on each side. but we're in the desert now and i've been nervous anyway because i keep getting lost as i try to find new running routes. ( anyone who runs and then moves to a new area knows what i mean, there is no such thing as footprinters here.) anyways so i take my mase and my phone with me every morning just in case of days like this one...about 7min into my run i looked up and there he was, one lonely mean lookin', girl eatin' coyote! i was only about 25ft away and i was worried cause i didn't know if i could out run him (no brown exageration there) so i stopped in my tracks and wished i had kevin's gun to shoot it. but i didn't and no one has told me what to do when you come upon a coyote so i yelled and luckily it took off, but then i thought he went to get his friends i'm gonna be chicken liver soon. but i got my cool and kept running. i'm still freaked out about it though. i tried really hard to upload a picture of a coyote but couldn't figure out how, but as i was reading, it said that coyotes can run up to 45mph and love reddish blonde haired girls from utah!!! i feel lucky to have made it out alive and with all my limbs. anyways something interesting to share now that were here in the desert. ill let ya know when i have another experience with the wild, my worst fear is that a snake will chased me. can you say heart attach. the moral of the story is always run with a bell on your belt...or is that hike dr. glenn.

6 comments:

The Brown's said...

Car Car I am so sorry about your run in with the natives of Arizona! I am so glad that you know how to scream like a girl. I does come in handy sometimes!

Hey- Thanks for calling preston on his b-day. He thought it was pretty cool:O)

Kemp Kuties said...

The coyote didn't even stand a chance against you!

Tyler and Ashley Mortensen said...

It was only a matter of time Carly. Coyotes are second hand citizens down here. But here's what you do next time before you go running. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on and they'll stay away for sure!!! Just be careful with the Wild Pigs, those are the dangerous guys, they love a good calf muscle!!!

Unknown said...

yikes, scary...i wouldn't know what to do either. i think you should get one of kevin's guns and jus run with it every morning:) miss you guys

Scott and Jillian said...

Hi! I am a friend of Amanda's and we just moved to Phoenix for school, too! Which school is your hubby going to? Mine is at Midwestern.

Heather Nelson said...

Carly I LOVE it! I can't believe you saw a Cyote! Kevin honestly prays every night that he'll come face to face with one haha. I know what I'm gettin you for christmas now :) I love you like crazy! I miss you more!