my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Saturday, June 6, 2009

TWO WEEKS











For the past two weeks Carly and I have been enjoying what we called in a previous life as "normal" but which has now become known as "the good life." The former life of being able to spend time with Carly whenever and however we chose and to simply enjoy her company dissappeared with the start of school and for the past 9 months has been greatly missed. I completed the 1st year of Med school and with that came a well deserved two week break. All of my family, mom, dad, and Justin in Colorado and Kristy and Brett in Utah, came into town for the 1st weekend of the break to bless Tyler's baby boy Crew. It was great to see everybody together and to hang out and enjoy time together at the water park, tennis, bbq and for their support. Topping it off with Crew's blessing was a great start. Then it was on to to Utah to visit Carly's family. I loved leaving the Phoenix heat and feeling the cold crisp mornings once again. It made me realize how much I miss the seasons. While in Utah I got in some fishing (mainly helping Gage and Reese), a round of golf, and some sound sleep since the cat that wakes me up every two hours was back in Phoenix. Carly got in some shopping and most of all dearly missed time with her parents, sisters and their children. We even managed a backyard campout w/ smores and an outdoor movie, thanks Jo, Jed, Josh. But soon enough our time in Utah ended and the gut-wrenching good-bye ceremonies commenced.......for the girls that is. To ease the transition to life back in Phoenix, we camped a night in Sedona and spent the following morning playing in Slide Rock State Park- Carly even jumped in. Once back in Phoenix, Carly started work again on Wednesday and since then we've been trying to get in fun at every turn. This break has been by far the best one we've had since moving to Phoenix. But before I finish up, I wanted to say thank you to Carly- I love you dearly and am gratefull for the sacrifices which you have made in order for me to pursue my career. Thank you for all your love and support. I couldn't have made through this 1st year w/out you.

4 comments:

The Brown's said...

We love you guys! It was fun to spend a little time with both of you. Congrats on 1st year down:O)

Team Burtenshaw said...

Great blog spence! ...and Carly, great job jumping in @ slide rock! That water is freezing! The break went by too fast... but congrats with finishing up the first year, and here is to a great second year. You two make a great team!

caseytanner said...

congratulations Spence

Kemp Kuties said...

Ah, Spence - you're awesome and so loving. I echo the earlier comment: You two do make a great team. Love You!