my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hasta Luego,Sianara, Tchau, and Goodbye

Sometime between 9:30pm Tuesday evening and 7:45am Wednesday morning, some idiot stole our vehicle, stole our one source of motorized transportation, our little 1997 Honda Accord. My first reaction was to think that someone was playing a joke on us, but that reaction slowly turned into a wish, and then instantly it became a stark reality- someone stole our car while we were sleeping. We spent all wednesday morning talking to police department and our insurance company and then trying to figure out how we'd get to school and work. The police officer handling our case (we thought about asking him for a ride) said chances of actually finding our car are slim to none; it's either in Mexico now or already been stripped of it parts and abandoned. Luckily, a friend was able to lend us a car and until we figured out what we wanted to do, thanks JJ. After short deliberation and making our peace with the stolen vehicle, Carly and I decided to purchase a car. We found a couple options we liked, test drove em, and made an offer on one of them. The seller eventually met us at our offer and we made the deal. Lucky for Carly, she now will be driving her dream car, a Nissan Xterra, for the rest of her life or until it is run into the ground. I personally don't know how to feel about the new ride, I'm mad that I have to drive it knowing it's at the cost of a good dependable, paid for vehicle. Oh well, that's life I guess. So here's to the accord that served us so well- goodbye, and welcome under unfortunate circumstances, our new/used Xterra- and shortly to a brand new car alarm.

5 comments:

Lisa and Daniel said...

Oh my gosh, that really sucks. I'm sorry. I know its just a matter of time before mine gets taken. ugh, arizona! Seriously, Everyone I know in Arizona is getting their car stolen!

The Brown's said...

sorry car and spence we need parts for our honda. when you come to vist please dont ask why our tan honda has white parts

WHAT THE HECK!! IT IS THURSDAY AND WE JUST FOUND OUT!!! seriously we are so stinkin sorry! josh wants to know if your new car comes equipt with a bike rack? :O) we love you guys!SO SORRY!

Kellie Knapp said...

HARSH!!! I can't believe some people.. SERIOUSLY! At least you guys are sad over the loss... Rich thinks I'm a major punk because when our transmission pooped out on the road in the Tauras I jumped on and started jumping up and down in the streets yelling " YAY WE GET A NEW CAR! WE GET A NEW CAR!!" ( there's my "one upping you story car! hahaha) I miss you guys! But I 'm really really happy you have carly's dream ride!! YAY!

The Matthews Family said...

You guys that stinks like crazy! Austin said there was a guy in our ward who had his car stolen and a week later his motorcycle stolen--and it was in a gated community! I can't believe how common that is! At least you did get a new car Carly loves...

Kemp Kuties said...

too bad you had to get your Xterra in behalf of the Honda being swiped. Love the pics of you by the Xterra though - you're super tough!