my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Thursday, August 6, 2009

unseen pictures: missed the kodak moment

Ok so let me start with the fact that i am horrible about taking pictures, i forget my camera or i just don't stop from all the fun to capture the moment to share...No excuses right...
Last weekend I flew into town to visit my family...ya know it had been about 9wks since the last time i saw them so i succored spence into letting me fly home for a couple days.
I had a wonderful time, it so fun to visit family and friends...and not be at work might i add. but it is always hard to leave my hubby at home to fend for himself and try to keep the cat from running terror through the house.
So here are some things that I did while in Utah, that i forgot to take pictures of, sorry to those of you i saw but forgot to take that kodak moment with...
1. Spending all day on thursday at the dentist, Dr. Rick Leishman is great but seriously I had three appointment with him in one day! but spence is glad he saved us some money and my teeth really aren't all falling out/or falling apart like the AZ dentist said they are.
2. My sweet grandma and all us girls shopping shopping shopping...jo and i not buying cause are hubbies have us on a specific no, absolutely no spending money budget.
3. The twins, no pics, the browns no pics, the denneys no pics, heather no pics, my own mom, no pics, my own dad who it wouldn't hurt to take a couple extra pictures of the man since he has been/is so sick no pics, my cute sisters no pics, my bro who i'm going to send in for lance armstrong look alike no pics....the list goes on.
4. Working at my old job and loving every single minute of it, having patients thank me for helping them, actually being able to help them, making money to spend while on the trip. Jo has some of the greatest girls working there now, i told em that i might send a hit man out so i can steal one of their jobs, jk laci and ashley...but seriously it wouldn't hurt to watch your back:)
5. Ran into my mother-in-law on a whim no pics sorry debbie.
6. Jo's dog COCO i'm pretty sure he weighs more than her now...he is no longer a puppy.
7. Going to spin class with my awesome sister and dad....it would have been so cool to snap a picture of us all on the bikes sweatin it out!
8. Me on my death bed on tues/wed, i got so sick out of nowhere, Jo helped change my flight so i could stay one more day on the bathroom floor of my moms house since i had been quarantined from all the kiddlets. i mean serioulsy if you're going to stay another day at least have some fun...no i layed in bed til it was time to fly home. but i missed an extra day of work so that was nice.:)
9. my sad face when i realize that spence isn't coming, i missed him and the kids wanna know where the crap he is and why he can never leave phoenix for some fun...baby beccs tells them all he is learning a lot! and thats why. i missed you spence and so did everyone else.
10. Reese and I sleeping...me getting hit in the head every once in awhile from a random leg or arm....and me laying in my moms compfy bed while she tickles my legs...she is the best tickler!
Ok ok so i missed a lot of fun moments, but I had a wonderful time, and i wanted to thank everyone for taking time off work and adjusting their schedules to see me while i was in town.
Jo and Roo thanks for re-energizing me and making me laugh so hard at all the silly things in life.
thanks spencer for being the best husband in the whole world and letting me sneak home now and again to make sure Utah is still the same, and that all my favorite little people still know who i am, and especially for loving me enough to be willing to be alone for a week while i go play and have fun. love ya babe and thanks everyone!

4 comments:

Team Burtenshaw said...

You dont always need pics for a great post... you have a very fun way with words I must say, and now you have the memory written so it won't be forgotten. SO sorry that you were sick, hope that your feeling better now, and let us know if you want to play, weve missed seeing your face.
... I love Los hermanos btw! So jealous about that. :)

Reagan Family said...

To funny! Looks like you had lots of fun. As if there was a chance that you wouldn't right? Glad things went a bit better at the dentist. That is the second person I know to almost get ripped off at the dentist in Arizona...we have missed you lots! Glad you are home! Call us to play!

The Matthews Family said...

Sounds like you had such a fun time in Utah! Silly Spencer totally spaced Max's baby blessing. Ha ha, I told him, "That's okay, we expected it. Carly told us you would forget!" ha ha. So funny. Glad you had fun! And yuck about being sick (but what better place to be sick than your mom's house!)

The Brown's said...

car car we loved seeing you~! I am SO sorry that you got sick!! CRAP! Not a fun way to end the vacation but at least you got to come:O) LOVE YA!