my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Man Project 1- Part A







This is Spencer and I am man-blogging; not about silly or trivial things, favorite colors, or cute fabrics. This is a man-post about doing some dirty work, work so hard that it made Carly's cat sweat. Since Carly and I purchase our townhome I've wanted to take down the super-sweet popcorn ceilings that were oh so popular in the 70's- lucky for us ours is aspestice free. There's goes an enjoyable break between quarters. So far we're 2 days deep into Man Project 1 (as I call it) and the end isn't in sight yet. Our house is a complete mess. We could easily make a nice beach with all the dust on the ground, there's papers and plastic lining the walls, half our light fixtures are covered in trash bags, and we only have one functional room left- the second bedroom, and it smells like a Motel. It's a disaster. Sad to say, removing the popcorn texture has been the easiest part so far- thanks Tyler. Prepping the ceiling was the most aggravating six hours while on a six-foot ladder in my life and I don't even want to start on my spraying on of the texture. All that's left is a lot- lay down the primer, paint it, then start the never-ending clean up, and then move everything back to their original positions. I'm really starting to hope all the pain will be worth it. And if you leave a comment, don't say anything involving cute- this is a Man-post. the pictures don't do any justice. More to come with Part B..........

4 comments:

Amy said...

We still have Home Depot 101 if you need it! It's a really cute book about how to do all your neat and special home improvement projects.

Kellie Knapp said...

good work soldier...make sure you take plenty of breaks to eat steak and pee standing up, as all men do. Oh and make sure you have football on in the background, and that your crack is exposed when your bending over to work, as to ensure this project is 100% manly. Carly...remove your makeup, slap on your man wig and overalls so you don't mess things up with those pretty eyelashes and all that long girl hair of yours. That's all... ( How did I do? was that MANLY enough, Spence????)

Unknown said...

I love that you guys can do all of this home renovation stuff on your own.....Carly, you've taught Spence all the tricks of the trade! What a lucky guy!! Have fun with your project! Save some popcorn for me, haha!

The Brown's said...

CUTE, CUTE,CUTE,CUTE,CUTE,CUTE,CUTE
I just couldn't resist:O) Hope your project goes well:O)