my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

a tri and party #2

last saturday the girls turned two!!! and to celebrate i did a sprint triathlon...
yes even on their birthday its about me.  No it was a tri that was close to our house and just happened to fall on the girls birthday, but it was nice to celebrate being healthy because 2years ago i was re-learning how to walk, and hold things, and climb up stairs, etc.  it was nice to be able to race in honor of myself and the twins.  i did good, spence missed the race because i finished 15min faster than i thought i would! jo and my mom came and surprised me at the race, 
it was so nice hearing them cheer for me!
somehow the only pictures we got of the race was me the morning of with spence....next time we'll take some good pictures. 

then after the race we had a family birthday party for the twins.  we put up the bounce house and let the kids go wild!!  

 we had curious george pinata...it was pretty much impossible to crack open
 grandma great danced with the girls and taught them how to curtsy.

 and of course they enjoyed the suckers more than the cupcakes...and they still
 share just about everything.
 i got them crowns to wear for their special day....they are still a little too young to understand what was happening, but we had a great time celebrating with family.


5 comments:

The Reagans said...

I can't believe they are 2! They are so stinking cute! Oh how we miss you all!!

The Matthews Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday girls! By the way, Makenna has BOTH the dresses they are wearing in the picture. : )

F Montierth said...

Happy Birthday to your dolls! So cute! Way to go on the tri ... someday again I'll do the same,, you got me hooked!

tessa said...

Happy Birthday! Wow, it's been 2 years. You have lived a lot since then. Congrats to you all. 15 minutes under, nice!

Colt 'n Tami said...

SO SOOO cute! They're really already 2?? Whoooah Baby time flies when you're havin fun, eh! Looks like you guys are doing well!!!!!! It's been forever, hear you're movin to the Big state of TExas! YAY for you guys! How exciting, that much closer to being done! CHEERS to you guys!!!!!!!