my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Monday, December 13, 2010

turning 30=put-put

yup, this year was the big one. i'm now in a whole new age bracket 30and older!
but who is counting right??

spence and i decided it was about time to venture into the unknown crazy world of babysitters!!! ah, so we got our first babysitters.
(yes sitters' pural because with 2little babies 2sitters are needed)
i was so nervous even calling the girls to watch the babies, let alone actually leaving them for the night. but both babies were already asleep when we left, and we were only gone 2hrs.
we wanted to play it safe our first time out.
enough about babysitters....so i planned our date, i took spence to a place here in phoenix called coasters and castles.
its basically a total fun zone of small rollercoasters, mini golf, go carts and arcade.
we spent our time doing put-put, i was horrible!!! seriously horrible i averaged a par 6 while spence averaged par 2. so i had a hard time not pouting because i was getting my trash kicked. after a couple holes spence started using his left hand...but he still is a master golfer.
the golfer himself in action....or sword fighting
we hit up the arcade and spence did this crazy virtual reality game, it was pretty cool.
in all it was a great night out....too short though:) and i had a great birthday.

in birthday tradition here are the 3 major things of this year...or more...it was a big year.

1. had 2babies!! blessed 2babies!! and absolutely love 2babies everyday!!!
2. survived the last year of major bookwork med. school, boards part-one, and some killer rotations....you might say that is what spence has done, but i survived it all too.
3. did my first triathlon in over 20months, and didn't need medical attention
at the end of the race.
4. witnessed my parents getting married...that was huge!!
5. i love Spencer even more this year than last...if that is possible, oh how i love him.
6. lost 78lbs....seriously i should have entered the biggest loser, but yes i still have some junk in the trunk and junk in the gutt, to get rid off....its a life long battle.blah.
7. made some wonderful friends here in AZ, it only took me 2yrs to get out of my comfort zone, but i found some real life long friends here.
8. had to say good-bye to my cat....that wasn't a good thing this year...but it happened and i miss her completely.
9. went through the temple with spencer's little bro justin who is now serving a mission in Cali.
10. my testimony of my Savior grew even more, as i witnessed his love for me, and his promise that my 2babies would come to this world for me to be their lucky mom,
and they would be safe and healthy.

9 comments:

The Matthews Family said...

I didn't know you were there for your birthday! Happy Birthday! Glad we got to see you guys for a minute! : )

Team Burtenshaw said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ...and welcome to the 30's, its a great age and stage if you ask me! AND yay for a date night too! I am always scared to get a babysitter....

Jaime Stephens said...

Oh no you didn't turn thirty.. Happy Birthday! Fun you guys got babysitters and went out good for you, looks like a fun night! 29 was great for you look at all your accomplishments you the women!

The Reagans said...

Yeah for Coasters and Castles! You are gorgeous and seriously you look amazing!! You are my inspiration! Oh how i love you!! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday carly!!!

and hahaha castles and coasters is david's FAVORITE amusement park in phx :) something about how he didn't grow up with one in his hometown... whatever. :) hope you and your fam of FOUR are doing great!!

Unknown said...

What a great year!!! You have seen, accomplished, and been through so much! I'm so glad you got a night out with Spence for your b-day!

tessa said...

I still get nervous with sitters and I've been doing it 8 years;) Welcome to this side of 30. It totally helps with placing in races but man that means I have to compete against you. Happy B-day!!

Kemp Kuties said...

awesome pics! Happy belated b-day Sue

Natalie & Aaron said...

happy belated! you've had quite the year! glad to see you and spence got to go out... date nights are the best...eating slow, actually talking to each other and no baby breakdowns yeah!