my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Sundays

Ok so there are a lot things you can miss while on bed rest (the list is infinite) but one of them is Church. Over the past couple of months i obviously haven't been able to go to church and my poor husband has had to go all by himself...i'm sure people wonder who that guy is that comes every week all by himself and why his wife is such a slacker...I love going to church it always puts life in perspective and there really is nothing better than to dedicate a couple hours to feeling our Saviors love. plus those 3hrs on Sundays that are set aside for church are also 3hrs i get with spencer...ever since med school started when i would get lonely for some spencer time i could always count on sitting next to him for a couple hours each sunday....so i miss church, mostly because i need it.

Spencer and i have tried to still have church while i'm at home which manly consists of me watching a Book of Mormon story video (super helpful to learn all the amazing stories in the Book of Mormon even if you aren't 5yrs old) and then i try to read some spiritual things. My dad sent us a great book about temples (scared walls) which is really wonderful and so super insightful. --anyways the reason for my post is that i thought it would be a good idea for me to post one sunday inspirational thought to keep my mind focusing on the important things and to give myself that boost that i normally get from church. so here it goes, this is the quote i chose for the week, i hope it helps me get through the week and help anyone else who needs a little boost.:)

this is a quote from President Boyd K. Packer, President of the Quorom of the 12 Apostles speaking of Christ.

"If you are helpless, He is not.
If you are lost, He is not.
If you don't know what to do next, He knows.
It would take a miracle, you say?
Well, if it takes a miracle, why not?"

6 comments:

The Brown's said...

what an awesome quote! I heard the book you are reading is really amazing. Let me know what you think when your finished:) LOVE YA!!!

Reagan Family said...

I always need to hear things like that. So thanks! Love ya!

The Higgins Family said...

Hi Carly!
I've been thinking a lot about ya the past couple months, but know visits and phone calls and whatnot are difficult. Know you are thought of, prayed for, appreciated, and admired.

I'm so happy to have found your blog (thanks susan!) and the optimism and strength both you and Spencer have shown during this very very tough time.

Congrats a million with your little girls! What a beautiful, wonderful , growing family y'all are!

And you, my friend, will be one amazing momma-- if there's one thing I noticed about you while you helped me so much in nursery (besides much more good stuff), it's that! :)

much love,
melinda

Amy said...

Thanks Car! What a great reminder! LOVE YOU!

tessa said...

Love this quote, a miracle, why not? Your sweet little family is a testament of that already! Going back to church will be so great and it's inching closer every day, superwoman:)

Shawna said...

What a beautiful quote. Im so happy for you and your new little family. I hope everything continues to go well for you