my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

5 Things We've Learned from Bedrest


ok so we thought we better post something.....how bout 5 things we have learned while
on 11wks of bedrest and only 6 more to go!!

Spencer has learned:
1. I think i would have developed restless leg syndrome after 1 week of bedrest
2. I'm an excellent cook, when I have the time
3. Pizza ain't so great 3 x week for 3 months (this happens when I don't have time)
4. Sympathy weight isn't all that its cracked up to be....(ps he hasn't even gained any)
5. Carly's about the bravest person I know


Spence is desperately trying to have a pooch and stick it all out.:)

Carly has learned:
1. that even the little things in life shouldn't be taken advantage of: walking, sleeping, visiting with friends, driving, cooking, doing the dishes, even crying, cuddling with your hubby...i could go on for days.
2. there is nothing better than SPENCER, he makes me calm, reassures me and does everything for me, and hasn't complained.
3. Nothing feels as good as having 2babies kick you, punch you, and roll all over in your tummy...nothing feels so amazing and i'm so glad to have the opportunity to feel
these critters rumbling around.
4. there is no comfortable position after 2days in bed, believe me i know and so does spence.
5. nothing is more important and no sacrifice is too significant to get these babies here safe. Nothing.

30wks and wondering how i can possibly get bigger...a 30wk twin pregnancy is the same size/weight of a singleton pregnancy at 40wks. ps it felt so good to stand up for awhile to take these pictures.:)

14 comments:

Kemp Kuties said...

CaRLy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh how I LoVE seeing you - it's almost like it's for rEAl!

I love your insight on bedrest, especially # 3,4, & 5.. Some one said to me once "bedrest is the best vacation ever!" to which I wanted to punch them him the face.

P.S. Spencer should have used the "pillow trick" with his side-picture shot.

Unknown said...

I agree with Amanda, it's great to see you, and it is almost real!!You look great! Spencer was right...you are very brave, and you have such a great attitude! Those two lil' babies are lucky to have such a great mom and dad!!

Scott and Jillian said...

30 weeks!!! That is SO great!! A wonderful milestone!! Keep up the great work cookin' those bebes. It will all be over soon. Hang in there! Oh, and if you get sick of pizza, call me & I will bring something over! 801-885-7500. Seriously! I need to come over anyway to bring you your gift, 'cause I didn't make it to the shower.

The Brown's said...

CAR-CAR you are so stinkin cute!!! What a HOTT momma you are! You have the best attitude. I can only imagine how difficult this must be. You are handeling it with grace and diginity:) LOVE YA!

p.s. just keep cooking, just keep cooking....a little song for the babaies!

Scott, Fia, Tre, and CJ said...

Hang in there girls! Woohoo! You're almost there :)

Jaime Stephens said...

You really do have the best attitude and you are so stinking cute.. I was so happy to see that you are 30 weeks yay! I wish you were closer because I would love to come and visit you lot's and lot's we could throw cheerios at eachother and act chinese (remember that) And sorry I suck and never responded to your last email I am not really good at email or texts but I hope they found someone great at the office... I can't wait to see those babies (well of course I can wait like 6-8 more weeks but thats all) Hang in there

Tyler and Ashley Mortensen said...

Car you are doing amazing! I cant believe it has been 30 weeks!!! Your a trooper! Just keep cookin those little peanuts! :) We will be down there soon!!

Amy said...

You are AMAZING!!!!! And you look so great! Both of you. Nice try on the belly Spence. You guys are seriously such great examples of "enduring it well."

tessa said...

So AMAZING! You're totally in the 30's and not even in the hospital and just trucking. You guys rock and so do those little love muffins. It will be so fun to meet these little sweeties in person and see if they're more trouble in or out:) Surely you deserve the nicest, calmest, sleepiest babies after all this, right? Keep up the amazing work and you do look like such a cute little prego girl. It's gonna be fun to watch these babies and your belly grow for another few weeks. Hugs!

ash & diz said...

Car Car! I can't believe that you are already at 30wks! Holy cow! I must tell you that my hubby is jealous of the fact that you are having twins (and twin girls!!)... We are both so baby hungry! ;) Hope all is going well for you and Spencer! Miss you!

Susan said...

Hey Carly!! I found your blog through Amy's. :) I'm so excited for you and your cute baby girls on the way! And 30 weeks is seriously awesome! Almost there!

shipley said...

oops probably should have read this before we brought you guys pizza last night...sorry:)

Colt 'n Tami said...

What a sweet post u 2! What some GREAT parents you'll be. Ok, Car... you are one hott mama! You look GREAT! Love the hat too :) You are like a hero to me with all you got on your plate. We keep ya in our prayers... those lil girlies are SUPER lucky to be yours forever! What names have you picked out? YAY! We're headed to Scottsdale for a weekend getaway March 18th. Is that very far from you guys?

The Jardons said...

I definitely don't know how you are doing it Carly! You are a trooper and I know those two kicking babies inside of you are so thankful for you being such a wonderful mommy so far. You're almost to the end and then you can squeeze and love on those little babies everyday!!!! : )