my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

sunday thoughts

Todays thoughts are from an Ensign article my sweet friend sent to me, and it seems so fitting to my particular situation (and i'm sure many of yours) right now, as i lay with 2 little spirits
kicking away at my tummy and at each other.
its an amazing feeling to actually feel life within your own body, and i'm so thankful to have had the chance to experience it.
Even though this pregnancy hasn't been all that i dreamed of, or hoped for, thought i deserved, and thought pregnancy would be like, but in all reality its better. I have truly given up everything i am, literally everything, in hopes of these 2 little ones. Unfortunately i haven't written a lot of my thoughts through out the last couple months because its been so extremely emotional, good and bad.
but now i think i'm finally ready to share, especially so in the years to come i can look back and be so thankful i survived it all, and know that i am a better person, mom, and wife because of it.


Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

explains that God loves us perfectly and
“would not require [us] to experience a moment more of difficulty
than is absolutely needed
for [our] personal benefit or for that of those [we] love."

I am thankful to know that what Richard G. Scott spoke of is true. that through life's crazy ups and downs, and hardships we are molded like a rough stone rolling to become our best selves. all life experiences good or bad are for our good, if we allow and accept them to become that.

Hopefully this thought will touch some of you as it has me...it confirms that God loves me and that I can make it another week, because i am not alone in this.

6 comments:

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

congrats on your bedrest success! you have done imaginable job!!!! way to go sista!!!! *cami

Team Burtenshaw said...

Thanks for sharing, I love quotes like these. U.R.AMAZING! ...I love me a strong woman, even more so, a strong woman of God who has perspective and knows who she is. ...and this is exactly what you have proven to be.

Kaija said...

thank you so much for sharing this, carly! although my struggles are different than yours at the moment, i needed this too.

Amy said...

These little girls are so blessed to come to you and Spencer. You're strong and faithful and I really appreciate your example and perspective. Thank you. PS-can't wait to see the curtains. I bet it's looking cute!

tessa said...

An inspiration you are!

kassie said...

Thinking of you! CALL ME if you want me to come over and watch Wendy Williams (my new fav) w you or anything like that...pedicure?...Seriously Ill put a movie on for the boys or something. Oh yeah...Im taking orders for dinner...what do you feel like?