my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

miss you spence...

 spence left for detroit over 2wks ago....this was our last night together and we filled it 
with cake and brownies!!!
and needless to say it really stinks
its a major bummer, its a drag.
and i think it isn't getting any easier because he won't be home until december.  thats 4months, thats 120days thats 1/3 of the year.  oh me oh my!!
the things we do for school, for hopefully a job....can you tell i really love med school!
 its been an adjustment with him gone, it always is.  spence is so fun, and loves me and the babies so much.  its just nice at the end of the day to have someone to share things with...
he was gone for the whole month of may, and we saw him on the weekends in june, then we got spoiled in july because he had the whole month off!!!---i know it was amazing.
so over 2wks ago he left for detroit and it took him 2 1/2days to drive there...which really reminds me of how far away he really is.:(
so without being too much of a cry baby....i miss you spence.
so its a really good thing that i have all these people to keep me busy and keep my mind off of how much i miss spence.  i am so glad to have such a wonderful and supportive family.
med school has been harder for me than spence...which is silly cause he is the one actually in school.
 i am so extremely grateful to finally be home and have so much support.  
when your husband is gone there is nothing better 
than to fill it with family. 


i am also so grateful to not be going through this crazy year alone.  i know so many wonderful women whose husbands are also gone half way across the country,
whose husbands work 2-3 jobs, whose husbands are in the armed forces,
or who don't even have a husband.  so i am gently reminded that we women are strong and we can do this.  it is hard, but we can do it and we can help each other through this wild journey of being alone.  thank you for being such wonderful examples to me, and for also letting me know that its ok to admit when things get hard.:)

4 comments:

Linsey said...

Seriously allmost cried! I am also contemplating seperating from my husband for a little while due to med school! I hope we don't have to but it is terrifing to think about! You are so amazing! Hang in there!

ash & diz said...

Car-Car... you are a strong chick. You can get through this. You have all the support of your family right now. Of course you miss Spence. Duh. But in the end... this year will be a small bump in the road. It's all worth it! Keep your head up!

The Matthews Family said...

I didn't realize Spencer was in Detroit! Hello, that's where I live! : ) I will have to let Austin know so he can get in touch with him before HE leaves in September. Austin will be gone from September-December and then again in February. I am NOT looking forward to it. You will have to let me know some tips to getting through it all!

F Montierth said...

My thoughts are with you! Yes, we are amazing as women and Spencer is blessed to have your support. Med school was always an family endeavor and it's finish will be the triumph for you all!