my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

longing...journal entry

It is hard to believe that just a year ago at this time i was longing and hoping to have the chance to be the greatest thing in the world, what you might ask, a mom.
i remember thinking to myself,
will i ever have the chance to be a mom?? what am i doing wrong, why can't i get and stay pregnant? everyone else seems to have it figured out, i hear people say its in the water...well then i must find that water. is there something wrong with me? and the questions, longing, and heart ache continued.
for those of you who know the pains and anguish of having such a deep and honest desire to be a mom and to have you hopes and dreams shaken each month as you take yet again another pregnancy test only to realize nope not this month, this entry is for you, and mostly for myself.

i pleaded with Heavenly Father, saying i just want to be a mom, just to have one little baby i don't need 6kids just one, i just want the opportunity of being a mom. to love someone so unconditional, and to have someone love me so unconditionally in return.
i often thought of my mom and sisters, they were the reasons i wanted to be a mom. i love them all so much and wanted to share in the secret society of motherhood with them...
i can say i really had a quite longing for awhile. going to many activities and seeing cute little ones running around i use to tell spencer, "i want one of those" and he did too.

i'll never forget the longing i had, and i'll never discount the longing some of you might have.
its a hard road to go down, i helped so many women at Dr. Glenn's office go through months of longing and anguish that when it was my turn to wear the hat, i was really disappointed and scared to say the least.
i could go on...on...on about all the feelings and thoughts i had, but now here i sit a year later with 2 babies. not just one but 2, i still remember saying i want just one baby heavenly father, let me have just one of your little ones for awhile, i promise i'll do my best.
well He sent me 2!
i look back and remember the moment the test showed positive...i was so excited but too scared to really enjoy anything. as time went on the excitement continued and the fear increased. i can honestly say i never celebrated being pregnant, i couldn't celebrate for fear of something going wrong. thats what 6months of laying in bed starring at the ceiling will do to someone.
but wow, i made it! i did it! i sacrificed everything i possibly could to get these babies here, and i'm keeping my promise no matter what, i will do my best.
and when times get rough and nights get long, i hold my girls and think...what would life be like without you. and i remember, i remember how i longed for you, how i cried for you.
and now how i am so so so glad for you, and for all the hard times and bad news, and what seemed very little ups with so so many downs, all of it, i did what it took to get you here, even if it meant waiting longer than i had hoped.
because of all this, this longing, i can never take you for granted, because there were many a times when you almost didn't make it to me.
i love you babies! i love that you chose me, and that i get to be your mom. i don't know how i got lucky enough to have 2 at a time, but i do like to think that you wanted to make this incredible journey of life together, there is nothing better than having a sister.
i'm going to keep each moment as precious as possible.
i promise i'll do my best (and i know if i don't quincy will probably tell me, she is just that way:))
and as i keep my promise, i'll also never forget the longing i once had for you, and the dream that you both made come true.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Car...your journey brings tears to my eyes. You're girls don't know how lucky they are to have you as their mom! It will be so neat for them to read this entry some day:)

Heather Nelson said...

Carly that made me cry - I couldn't be happier for you and you truly are an incredible mother thanks for your example and friendship...it means a lot to me
loves!

Reagan Family said...

Beautiful! There is a gorgeous picture at Deseret Book of a mom and her baby I think it is called "oh how i prayed for you"...this made me think of that painting. You are an amazing lady and mom and those girlie's are SO lucky to have you!

Team Burtenshaw said...

Amazing is what you are! ...as a mom, and a woman! ...I think the things that prove to be the most difficult for us, become our greatest blessings! Youre little ones are so blessed to have YOU!

Spencer Mortensen said...

There was a plan put together from before we knew we were where you and those girls started scheming together and came up with this grand plan. Thank you for being so patient, so brave, and so willing to sacrifice so much for our family. Thank you for letting me be a part of it all and letting me in your life. Love you pumpkin

Kaija said...

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing the thoughts of your heart. They give me hope. Love from your "cousin-in-law" Kaija.

tessa said...

Thank you for sharing such tender feelings. The longing is painful but makes the joy that much sweeter when it finally comes. I appreciate that reminder this week.
So glad you've taken all those hard times and remembered them for good when the going gets tough. You guys are amazing. Loves!

Anonymous said...

you made me cry!!!!! amazing post carly.

Scott and Jillian said...

Can I just copy and paste this post onto my blog? ;) Those are/were my feelings exactly! I'm glad you (finally!) got your babies!

steph heartjustin said...

you said it so well. your an amazing mom!

kassie said...

Thanks for sharing that Carly. Life is so beautiful if we realize it....thanks for reminding me.

Scott, Fia, Tre, and CJ said...

I'm so glad you were blessed with two bundles of Joy! I can't believe how big they're getting...so cute! PS...Scott and I saw you guys running in the neighborhood a little while back and wanted to stop and say hi, but didn't want to interrupt your jog. Glad to see you're doing great!

The Brown's said...

car that was a really sweet post. The Q and T are so lucky to have you as their mom.

Amy said...

YOu're making me cry! You're so sweet. I think all the sacrifice and longing to be a mother helps us love more completely.

Kemp Kuties said...

Hey, Sue. I just put my littles to bed and thought I'd get caught up on blog reading. I'm renewed by your post and your intense love and desire to be a mom. Your thoughts have renewed my feelings again. Loving you...Roo