my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Monday, May 24, 2010

then and now 2 yrs of med school over and done

this was spencer's very first day at midwestern way back in aug of 2008. i remember being exciting and scared to death...and i'm pretty sure thats how spence felt too.
well now not only has one year pasted by, 2 have!! so excited because the first 2yrs of med school are all the super hard science classes that are killer...pharm, neurology, bio-chem, genetics, physics etc etc. well we are pleased to announce that spence is all done he took his last final on saturday!! this next year will still be rough cause its still med school but he will start clinical rotations and still have class but more focused on hands on medicine.
way to go babe!!

so that was 2yrs ago and this is now. 2yrs down with 2 QT bugs twinners!
don't worry only 5 more years to go:)

little quincy has started to grow and fill in quite a bit, she has the chubbiest checks!!
please note tenley's arm around her favorite little sister quincy.
(q on the left t on the right)
sleepy papa, late nights studying but always finds time to hold a baby or two for a quick break.

so way to go spence on finishing the 2nd year strong, this passed year has been a challenging one with me on complete bedrest for 5months i don't know how you manage it all. now that i have sleepless nights taking care of the twins i sympathize with your gulling schedule even more, thanks for being such a great guy and sacrificing so much for us,
all in the name of school and our future!!

13 comments:

The Matthews Family said...

I know this is a post about Spencer--- but I just have to say that those two girls are so beautiful! I wish I'd had the chance to see them more last week! We are going to HAVE to get together soon! I seriously would love to hear how the days go with twins!

caseytanner said...

congrats Spencer. I wish I was half the man you are :)

Unknown said...

You both deserve a congrats!! Crazy that you've already been out there for two years. Q & T are so so cute. Hope you are getting some sleep car!!

Kemp Kuties said...

I love seeing your "then & now" pictures. So fun to look back on the last 2-years and see what great thing you BOTH have accomplished. Round of applause for you two.

all my loves! - BTW, QT's are riduculously cute!!!!

Tyler and Ashley Mortensen said...

Congrats man, that is a big step in the process and hopefully things start to get a little easier. Keep up the good work! You're little gals are fillin out and getting big, it's crazy how fast it happens. Carly you're doing awesome too. Anyone with one kid knows how challenging two must be.

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

way to go you guys!!!

Dj,Megs & 5 Beautiful kids said...

They are getting so big and filling out fast. They are so cute! Sorry we haven't been there yet, I think its almost been a year since I have seen you two. We need to all meet together soon.

The Higgins Family said...

y'all are such a GREAT family!!
congrats to both of you to reach the school half-way mark... the last 2 years sure went a whole lot faster than the first two. quite a ride. i'm always impressed with y'all. :)

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

I always knew you would do something AMAZING Spencer! What an adorable little family you have and Dan and I are super proud of you!!!

Amy said...

The pictures are awesome! Made me laugh. You guys rock...SO glad you're down here baking with us. Good job on another year down!!!

shipley said...

yeah for more pictures of the girls, miss you guys! oh and yeah for spencer too!

The Jardons said...

We are soooo excited for you guys! I have been abstinent from blogging not on purpose but now I'm back and am so happy to see your sweet baby girls. I can't believe you have 2 babies! I can't hardly imagine but what a blessing : ) It's so great to see them finally and know they made it safely. And congratulations Spencer on your 2 years! Can't wait to meet the girls!

tessa said...

Congrats to all of you! So fun to see those little girls growing and thriving. It's just fun to see a pic of Carly standing up too. Woo hoo Spencer. I hope the next two years are a little more boring though:) You guys have packed in quite a bit. I'm going to track you down this week, Carly, it's been too long since we saw you guys last. Loves, Watsons