my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Great News


Some of you out there may have already heard a portion of our recent good news, but now we're really ready to spill the beans.

Carly and I are please to announce that we are anxiously awaiting a delivery from Mother Stork. And to make this a memorable start to the beginning of our family, we are lucky enough to begin with twins. Yes, that is correct twins, aka two babies, two buns in the oven, double trouble, two for one, and our favorite octomom minus six.

Carly and I feel immensely blessed to have this opportunity and can't wait for their arrival. It was a huge and unexpected shock at the 1st ultrasound which took place at six weeks. Right now they're 16 weeks along and already full of Spencer's charm and charisma. It appears that we have some pretty active children in development. At our last ultrasound appt both babies were actively kicking Carly's bladder (which explains her frequent desire to pee) and it seemed like a there was a boxing match going on in her uterus. So far, Baby B is the reigning champ.

Up to this point, unfortunately the pregnancy hasn't been very easy- Carly's been put on bedrest and limited activity. But, even with these challenges we have been handling it well- thanks to the prayers of friends and family, of which we are extremely grateful for.

We can't wait for their arrival which should be in early May. Kai is currently in kitty training, learning how to fetch diapers, make bottles, and purr lullabies. We'll keep you posted on their progress.



23 comments:

caseytanner said...

Congratulations! I'm jealous, twins would be so much fun. Hope you start feeling better Carly

Dj,Megs & 5 Beautiful kids said...

Congrats! We are very excited for you guys. You really are going to catch up to all of us now. Being on bed rest is no fun, I'm glad that Sawyer is here already so that I didn't have 3 more weeks of it. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Jaime Stephens said...

OH MY GOSH!!! COngrats... I have to ask are you serious? Promise :-).... That is seriously awesome!I can't wait to hear more oh my goodness!

Reagan Family said...

We love you guys! And we are glad the news is out. It was way too exciting to keep a secret. Call us if you need anything!! love ya!

The Matthews Family said...

You guys are so not fair for keeping us in the dark all of this time! And then even when you told us you were pregnant, you didn't even tell us you were having twins! Lame, lame, lame! But holy smokes CONGRATULATIONS! Does Carly need help with anything? I am totally available to help out if you need it!

steph heartjustin said...

What??? I wish I could grab you and pick you up and scream! Twins??? I love it, your so great, two in one! I can only imagine the movement with 2.. when one has been enough to handle!! I hope you get feeling better and I can't wait to here more.. when are you due? Our babies will be pretty close! How exciting!!!!

The Brown's said...

You know that we are SO excited for you both! You will be awesome parents. We will continue to pray for you and the littles everyday. WE LOVE YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

AHHH!!!! CONGRATS GUYS!!!

Tyler and Ashley Mortensen said...

Congrats you two. We couldn't be more excited for you. We're happy to be much closer now for lots of reason, especially if you guys need help with anything. You guys are in for a treat and we can't wait.

Leah said...

CARLY...Love the news! so exciting to find your blog and see how you're doing. I hope everything goes well with the pregnancy!

Scott and Jillian said...

WHOA!! That is so amazingly awesome! I'm sorry to hear you are bedrest, though. That's not much fun. Let me know if you need anything at all. I know a thing or two about having more than one bun in the oven. ;) Congrats, and I hope everything goes smoothly!

Jenna said...

Congrats! I can't believe you're having twins! That is so exciting! Carly, I hope you feel better.

Kemp Kuties said...

Woo-hoo! I'm so glad you posted pictures of the ultrasound. I still reeling over twins. Hah!!! It's going to be great, and I can't wait to help you and Spence and these baby-babes!

Team Burtenshaw said...

Holy Hannah Banana!! Secretly ian and I hope to have twins someday! AWESOME! We'd love to help with anything! Have a Happy Thanksgivng... that is double to be thankful for!! :)

Unknown said...

Double Trouble!!! We are so excited for you guys! Your lil' ones and our lil' guy will be so close in age, how fun!!! Car, hang in there, if I read any good books I'll send em your way:) Love you guys!

Jeff and Holly said...

So, I was on Kellies blog the other day and took a peek at your blog. That is super exciting about the twins! I know how nice it is to have someone to talk about pregnancy with and realized that my friend from homes wife is going to midwestern as well and they are pregnant with twins that are due in may too! Here is her blog if you want to take a look,http://www.monicamccoy.blogspot.com/ but congrats and good luck!

Sadie said...

Wow! That is so exciting. Congrats!Twins are so fun!

Natalie & Aaron said...

Hey guys congrats we're so exctied for you that's awesome! Carly if you need any good books let me know. Hope you are feeling ok in the end it will be all worth it.

Amy said...

I love that baby 'B' is the reigning boxing champ right now. Baby 'A' will have to bring their A game next match. :)

Heather Nelson said...

CARLY!!!!! You are going to be the best mom ever!!! Hopefully you'll move back to Provo ASAP so our kids can be bff :) love you, congrats!

Judds said...

I cant believe it!! We are so excited for you!!! Call if you ever need anything. I hope you get feeling better.

Cyndi said...

Are you kidding me! We are SO excited for you. Twins?! Good thing you have Amanda to hold your hand and walk you through the twinies. Are you going to find out the gender? Please, please, please do...I just can't wait to find out (although I respect the patient mothers who keep it a surprise).

We need more details. Why are you on bedrest? How are you feeling? Tell us all...because we love you so much we want to know every details.

Love you

P.S. I think May is the perfect time to have babies.

Colt 'n Tami said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH! You guys are going to be AWSOME parents! SO FUN! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! Car, you will be one hott mama! SO AWSOME! Double the fun right! Do you know what you're having yet? Can't wait to see the lil hottie babies! Wahoo