my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

havasupai!!

After the MAN project was finished, spence and i headed up north to the south rim of the Grand Canyon to hike to havasupai falls. I had been there before with my bff/sister Amanda several years ago(she got heat stroke and i thought i had killed her but thats another story)
---anyways spence has always wanted to go so, for his break we went back packing and it was awesome!
We left late on Wednesday night and camped at the trail head, sleeping in the X and anxiously awaiting our long 12mile hike to the falls.
I had warned spence about the self guiding mules that run at full speed through the canyon...and at one point spence said i hear thunder...and it was just the mules running to the top of the canyon to pick up some goods. It is so crazy to see these animals cruising through the canyon & rocky terrain, they seriously only know one speed and its FAST! (you can also ride horses in for $50 one way per person, just in case)

This is Mooney Falls hike! its a 200ft water fall about 2miles from Havasupai! it is absolutely beautiful. Spence guided me down the side of the mtn. you seriously have to hold onto chains and slither down the cliff side to get to the falls pool below. it was a really a crazy hike...oh course i got a little shakey but was so glad that we did the wild hike because
it was so beautiful.

Us, with Mooney falls in the back ground



spence taking a shower in one of the secret water falls we found exploring. we had a great trip...all for the dingos it was awesome!
sorry manda this time it was a little bit cooler...and we packed more than just cliff bars so it made the trip more enjoyable...however on the 10th switch back of like 400 to the top of the canyon i did think of you and how sick you were, that scarey hotel we stayed in, the tire blowing out, and how when i pulled the truck over for you to throw up you stepped on a cactus...man that was a bad trip. but spence and i dedicate this successful trip to havasupai to you! love ya roo!

8 comments:

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

ive always wanted to do this trip, looks awesome!!! and the man project...you rocked it! *cami

caseytanner said...

i've always wanted to see havasupai. if we come visit will you go on another trip w/ us?

Unknown said...

I'm glad you guys had a great, and safe, trip! You guys are so adventurous!! I love it!!

Jaime Stephens said...

um isn't spencer in MED school..and you guys are always doing something fun what the heck :-)!Thats awesome. Youguys are awesome and I loved the man post.. Your house looks cute

The Matthews Family said...

That looks so, so cool! Almost makes me wish that I believed in exercise... : ) Seriously, I think I am WAY too out of shape to do a 12 mile hike!

Amy Tenney said...

That 'secret' waterfall looks AMAZING! Are you going to the ward campout?

Cyndi said...

You guys are so awesome! So tough and perfect for eachother. I love all your adventures. The finished man project looks wonderful. Congratulations on 2 years of marriage. We love you guys.

Car, I missed you at the reunion. I was so hoping you would be there. Before going in I asked for the guest list and was so sad when I didn't see your name. Fia said you were in town the week before. I'm sorry I am such a looser friend and never contacted you.

Kemp Kuties said...

Car, I loved going to Havasupai with you, and wouldn't trade any of the experiences we had together on that trip for anything!
*praying for matches so we could use the overflowing porta-potties (and then seeing the helicopter lift them up and thinking poop was going to start falling from the sky).
*praying for duct tape so I could wrap my blistery heels
*chucking my Vasque hiking boots & leaving them on the trail
*seeing thousands of Elk on the road, and not hiting any of them
*throwing up, stepping on cactus, not caring that our hotel room was cockroach infested

The list goes on & on. I love you! Glad you go to go back and have a good time! XOXO