my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Havasupai continued...

spence of course basking in the good ole arizona sun
hikin back...nothing better than 12miles uphill:)

capturing the worst thing about Havasupai, the flying in of bathrooms...yup thats right, everything has to either be carried in or flown in and that includes bathrooms...they fly in all the port-a-potties and when they have all but been over filled they fly 'em out.
Yes there is a lot of sloshing....yuck!

If you go to Havasu be warned of the wild dingos...there are tons of stray dogs from the village and they ripped through spencer's pack (which was about 4ft off the ground hung on a tree) and ate all our granola bars and snacks...

And again here is why the 5hr drive, 12mile 4hr hike is all worth it
an oasis in the desert!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to go and it looks like so much fun.

Team Burtenshaw said...

AWESOME!! ...VERY Awesome!!

Heather Nelson said...

Carly! I am so jelous I wish we could have been with you guys - it looks absolutely incredible. Kevin would be way interested in those mules he loves them haha I love you!

Kemp Kuties said...

The pictures are worth every bit of the 12 mile hike! (And sitting in the cool water of the falls -ahhhh)

Love those port-a-potties. hehehe

steph heartjustin said...

How great is that place.. We stop there every week on the river, But we go from the river up. And I'm so jealous because I've never hiked down. Your so great.. I miss you and I love that you guys are playing so much. We should get together next time you are in Provo..