my fitness blog

**stay motivated with me at my fitness and whole foods blog at www.gsgsisters.blogspot.com lets help each other get into better shape!!

Monday, November 19, 2012

My sister and I


Last night spencer was working late, sometimes i hate it when he isn't  home for dinner, bath or bedtime.  but sometimes it allows me to focus on how special our girls are.  on how much i love them, and how much they love me.  i remember several years ago watching my sister Jo play with her kids, and i felt the love they all had for each other.  at that particular time i was unmarried and i thought to myself, 'i can't wait for the day to feel that much love." and i am lucky enough to now feel how great the love is between a mom and her children.  there is nothing more amazing than hearing a little voice yell, "mom your home." or hearing their feet slap the floor as they chase after you in a fun game of tickle monster.  i knew i always wanted to me a mom, and i am so grateful to be able to experience the many highs and lows mother hood brings.  but the other night as it was just me and the girls reading books for bedtime we read "my sister and I".  (my sister amanda gave it to me several years ago, before i had kids, because it is so sweet and talks about the great bond sisters have together.)  sometime spencer laughs at me because i can tear up at just about anything these days.  and he would have got a good laugh the other night as i read this book to the girls.  but i think most sisters, and moms would tear up when they read this book.

"My sister and i are birds of a feather,
we love one another and being together.
And so you wil find us most every day, just tending the friendship that God sent our way.
We like to draw pictures of horses and cats,
we like to wear costumes with glamous hats.
we like sharing secrets, our dreams, and our plans... and we laugh at our mishaps as only friends can!
We play with our dolls and comb out their hair. we pick up our tools and fix the old chair.
ands we like to go chasing fireflies at night and follow their flight till they fly out of sight.
we like cozy nooks! we like storybooks!
we like to pretend that we're really good cooks. but its eay to spot; great chefs, we are not!
sometimes we'll listen to favorite songs and sing right along and get the words wrong.
or sometimes we'll play with our puppy all day and teach him with treats how to sit and to stay!
and yes, there are times that we part for a while....
but we always make up with our hearts full of smiles.
yes, we're two of a kind, and i know that is why...
we'll be close forever,
My sister and I."

 I'm so grateful to be a mom to two wonderful little sweet spirits.  I'm so grateful that like me, they get to experience the sweet special love of sisterhood.  i'm so glad that these girls will allows have each other.  Just like i have always had my sisters. Because my sister's and i are birds of a feather, just like me and my girls.

No comments: